If I am ever craving anything sweet, I would rather make it myself than go out to the shop and buy something. However, sometimes I can’t justify baking a batch of cookies just for myself. Recently, I’ve been loving making mug cakes. They are so quick and easy and taste amazing.
Mix together the following ingredients in a mug, in order of the list:
- 2 tbsp butter (I use sunflower)
- 1 ‘egg’ (I will either use, 3 tbsp applesauce, chia egg: 1 tbsp chia and 3 tbsp water or flaxseed egg: 1 tbsp flaxseed and 3 tbsp water).
- 2 tbsp caster sugar
- 6 tbsp plain flour
- 2 tbsp unsweetened cocoa powder
- ½ tsp baking powder
- 1 tbsp milk (I use almond)
- 2 tbsp chocolate chips (I will just chop up part of a dark chocolate bar that I have in the house).
Microwave for 1 minute and 30 seconds. You can also add squirty cream on top, or peanut butter or even oreos. The great thing about mug cakes is that they can be adapted easily to how you like your sweet treats.
I hope you enjoyed this recipe and give it a go, it is perfect for satisfying your sweet tooth and also tastes so good! If you’re baking for more than just yourself why not check out my chocolate chip cookies!