FIRSTLY, I came across this amazing Instagram channel called ‘Veg Food Videos‘ which I would recommend checking out for super tasty and unique recipes. This recipe that I am about to show you was not created by me, but by this Instragram account. However, after making them this morning I wanted to share with you all how amazing they were but also how easy!
So, here is the original video. I did do everything the same as the video but I shall also write below how to make these amazing (also vegan) doughnuts.
50g sunflower butter
120ml almond milk
2 tbsp sunflower oil
250g plain flour
1 tsp baking powder
1/2 tsp salt
Approx 1 litre oil for frying
50g sugar for dusting
- In a pan heat the butter, milk and oil together.
- In a separate bowl mix together the flour, sugar, baking powder and salt.
- Make a little well in the dry ingredients, pour in the wet and mix together. Whilst doing this heat the pan of oil up. To tell when it is ready put then end of a wooden spoon into the oil. If little bubbles appear around it then the oil is ready.
- With your hands, take out a small ball of dough. Roll, flatten and then poke a whole into the middle.
- Once the oil is ready start popping the little doughnuts into the oil. Fry for about 5 minutes and then flip over, the side should be golden brown.
- Take out and place on kitchen roll or towel. Leave to cool for a few minutes and then roll them in some sugar and place onto a plate.
And there you have it- a really simple and tasty recipe to make doughnuts at home! This post will be going up whilst my graduation party is underway, which is what I made these doughnuts for. I will post on Monday about the party and all the different food that I have made for it! In the mean time feel free to check out my previous blog post ‘shit you didn’t know was vegan.’